background

Monday, March 28, 2011

Homeless in Houston

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great day!  Our family spent our Sunday afternoon with A Simple Thread. Every Sunday these people make kits to help the homeless.  These people are great people! They go to the owners home and make kits for the homeless. After we made the kits we loaded the white truck and daddy’s car and then we drove to the first place, right across from the shelter! I gave out the waters and Addison gave out the oranges and Evan well…  If you want to learn more about it go to www.asimplethread.org  Comment if you like the idea!

IMG_4518IMG_4519

IMG_4520 IMG_4521

DESIREE & MOM, ANOTHER NICE MAN, RICKY, AND JAC (SHE IS THE FOUNDER OF A SIMPLE THREAD)

IMG_4524

ARE YOU WONDERING WHAT WE ARE DOING THERE??????????? WELL WE WERE GIVING OUT THE GOODIES  AND KITS TO THE HOMELESS.  While we were passing out the goodies, there was a lady passing by to get her kit.  She came up to me and Addison and said we were so cute.  Then, she asked if she could have a hug.  She said that she probably needed the hug more than we did.  It just touched my heart.  Did you know that someone can get sick from not having enough love and hugs in their life?

IMG_4525

After we were done the three of us Wieberg Kids were in the truck, Mom & Dad were still passing out the goodies and kits.  I thought I needed some more pictures.  While the homeless people were enjoying the fresh oranges, I thought I needed a picture of them, so I took a snapshot.  I know it is a little cloudy, hopefully you can be touched in your heart just as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment